Sunday, July 12, 2009

Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life

I was listening to Joel Osteen this morning and he talked about how so many times we constantly say negative things, and those negative words dictate our lives. He gave the example of "I've had this addiction all my life....I'm never going to be able to quit."

I used to think that years ago when I was fat, when I smoked cigarettes and when I drank. But I quit all 3. What you've done in the past and the thoughts you've thought for years can change forever---and in an instant. How do I know? Because it happened to me.

And looking back I remember that on those 3 days which started my quitting each addiction, my mind changed dramatically. I wasn't negative anymore. I was open to change---I wanted my life to change. I didn't want to be addicted anymore. It was weighing my life down. I wanted freedom.

And I got it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home