Sunday, May 17, 2009

Are You Willing to be Uncomfortable?

I was at the gym today listening to a great, uplifting tape I had downloaded on my ipod about how anyone can change their life and become who they want to be. The person running the teleseminar was saying you have to be able to get out of your comfort zone in order to move to the next level. I got that right away. And I know she's right.

She went on to say that she thought it would be good for everyone to write down on a piece of paper 5 situations in their life where you achieved something great. After a few moments (since I was at the gym I thought of a few things) she said "didn't each one of the things you listed require you to get out of your comfort zone?" Yes, each one did.

If you don't learn to be uncomfortable you won't be able to accomplish the big things in life. If you're reading my blog I think you are probably dealing with an addiction. I think in knowing you MUST be uncomfortable at times will give you a freedom now. In the past you may have thought that something was WRONG because you were uncomfortable. Now you can consider that it isn't just normal, it's necessary in order to take that leap and do the thing you need to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home