Sunday, June 7, 2009

Is It All About Willingness?

I ended up watching a PBS special yesterday with Wayne Dyer. Now I had followed him for years, then one day decided he wasn't for me anymore---I had grown in a different direction, or so I thought.

But I started watching and I found that he was saying some great stuff. Apparently Mr. Dyer used to have an alcohol problem so one day he just gave it up---kind of like what I did. But I love what he said after that.....he was WILLING to give up the alcohol that day. He's been sober for over 20 years.

I thought about how many people struggle with their addiction. It's so common to fight with ourselves, trying to convince ourselves to quit, maybe hoping to talk ourselves into quitting. But what if we just gently said to ourselves "I'm ready and willing to quit now?"

Speaking from experience I not only think this would be miraculous for so many people.....but it would work most of the time. I really believe it would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home