Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You Know What to Do to Quit Your Addiction

I believe that we tell ourselves that “we have to read a book first about addictions” or “we have to have therapy to see why I’m addicted” or “I can’t quit now because I’m not happy” to put off doing the inevitable---quitting the addiction.

If you honestly ask yourself what you would need to do, for example, starting today to get you to end your addiction I bet you could say what that was (remember I said honestly ask yourself). Maybe it’s to smoke ½ of what you normally do. Or sign up for a membership at the gym, knowing you will utilize the gym this time. I don’t know what that is for you, but you do.

And think about WHY you want to quit. You’ll not only feel better, but you’ll know that you’ve accomplished something really big! You will realize you can do the thing you once thought that you couldn’t do. It’s time to not put it off anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home