Friday, January 16, 2009

Do You Have to Love Yourself to Quit an Addiction?

I was watching Oprah a few days ago. The first half of the show was about people who have lost weight and then put the weight (or a lot of the weight) back on. Oprah, as you probably know, gained 40 pounds last year. She's on a mission now to lose weight. Her first guest was someone who had lost over 200 pounds on "The Biggest Loser." He looked buff and thin when he hit his goal. But he gained over 100 pounds back and said he "sometimes didn't want to get out of bed in the morning because he just wanted to hide from everyone."

Then he said he learned "he has to love himself and put himself first." At that point Oprah agreed with him saying, that yes, it IS important to love yourself first and she had forgotten to do that too.

I personally cringe when I hear those words. I don't wake up in the morning and say "Linda, I love you and I'm going to put you first today." Why don't I? Because it's too much focus on ME.

Get the focus off of yourself, do what needs to be done---eat the correct way, exercise, meditate---but then live life. Forget about if you love yourself or not and forget about putting yourself first in your life.

I think you'll do better with quitting your addictions if you do.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home