Thursday, January 1, 2009

We Don't Live Forever

It's January 1, 2009 as I'm writing this. Since I quit drinking 21 years ago I think I may have stayed up once to see the ball drop in Times Square. It just doesn't excite me to stay up anymore. Yeah, I guess I'm a bit boring.

As I worked out this morning thinking about what I wanted to write about today, I thought of the fact that we don't live forever. We think we have lots of time to do the things we have planned in our life. We think we can put off quitting our addictions until there is "a better time." There IS no better time. The time really is now!

I think it's important to remember---daily if you need to----that you only live once on this earth (as far as we know anyway). Why not just decide today to take care of business and quit your addiction? It's preventing you from becoming the best person you can be in your life for yourself and others.

Let me know how you're doing and if I can help in any way to get you on the right path to quit your addiction.
Oh, and Happy New Year......

1 Comments:

At January 6, 2009 at 2:30 AM , Blogger Life Works said...

Having an alcohol addiction is a very difficult condition to deal with. If someone has the signs and symptoms of alcoholism, it is important to get them into effective treatment as soon as possible. The sooner an alcoholic gets into an effective alcohol treatment programme, the less likely they are to suffer from the more serious long term effects of alcohol abuse.

Life Works, a UK based treatment centre, is the perfect place to start your recovery and can provide you with a treatment that will help you remain successful in beating your addiction.

www.lifeworkscommunity.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home