Sunday, August 17, 2008

What You'll Give up When You Give Up Alcohol

I was watching a tv minister yesterday and she was talking about what you will be giving up when you give up alcohol and partying. She said you'll give up hangovers, throwing up, spending money on alcohol, losing friendships because of drinking and the lies that you tell family and friends.

I laughed when she said that but I remember years ago when I "seriously" considered giving up alcohol for good. I got upset even thinking about quitting because I thought my life would be awful without it. Awful without partying and being surrounded by people and commotion all the time.

It's just the opposite of what I thought then. Funny how our minds deceive us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home