Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Are People Addicted Because of Family Dysfunction?

I was reading a blog the other day. The blogger was saying that we are addicted because of family dysfunction---that it all ultimately goes back to the family. I don't agree with that totally, although I think there is some truth in it.

I think family is most likely one of the main reasons people get into addicted behavior---maybe the parents were addicted, weren't good parents or perhaps the mother or father told you that you would never amount to anything. You start smoking dope or drinking to ease the pain of those thoughts. I was terribly disturbed after the family moved to a new state and my parents got separated, then divorced. I wanted to say "Screw you!" to my parents so I ate uncontrollably and gained 90 pounds in 4 years. Then I drank and became alcoholic for 12 years and smoked for 28 years.

I think there are many reasons why we are addicted, family being only one reason.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home