Friday, August 8, 2008

My Books Were Delivered!

I took the day off a few days ago because I wanted to be here when my books arrived from the printer. I got 500 and my distributor got 2500. Out of 500 books only 1 was damaged. Most of the names in my book weren't the real names of the real people so after I put all of the books away in my office I called "Elizabeth" and told her I would be out to see her shortly to give her an autographed copy of my book.

When I got to "Elizabeth's" house she looked at the book and said "Wow, you did it!" She went on to remind me that so many people say they're going to do something like write a book, but never do---and I did. Yes! I did. It took almost 5 years from the idea about the book to the finished product.

Yes, I'm proud of myself that I finished because there were many times I just wanted to give up. I might have moaned and complained for a period of time but I know myself and I knew it would only be a matter of time before I got back on track again. I was determined to finish the book and I did.

1 Comments:

At August 22, 2008 at 4:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just found your site today and I love it! I just ordered your book on Amazon. I can't wait to read it. You are inspiring me now to get the book I have been working on to the final stages to actually published. Thank you so much.
Gerard Gernazian
www.iamnotagambler.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home