Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's My Fault My Cat Doesn't Want the Healthy Food Anymore

Maggie my precious cat was doing fine for years eating only canned food. My vet told me "there aren't crunchies in the wild" and I realized how right he was! And he said that's why Maggie was getting fat---because I was feeding her unhealthy crunchies. She was almost 20 pounds and I cut out the kibbles and she lost about 6 pounds.

A family of raccoons has been living around my house recently and I thought how cute it would be to give them kibbles. So I did and got such a kick out watching them eating the food. But when I would pour the food onto a paper plate Maggie remembered all too well the sound of kibbles being poured. She started begging for some and well....I HAD to give her a few....then a few more....and a few more. Now all she wants is the crunchies....and it's all my fault.

Can anyone see the pattern regarding your eating? You do well for awhile and maybe lose weight, then you start eating "just a little" of some candy lets say and before you know it you're back to eating all the junk you said you'd give up. If you only hadn't started, right?

The good news is you can get back on track right away....don't forget that...

Tonight Maggie is getting her canned food and only 2 kibbles, tomorrow none!

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2008 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Lisa Braithwaite said...

Go Maggie! It's so hard to say no to our babies, even when we know it's the right thing!

 
At August 24, 2008 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is! Especially when Maggie looks up at me, meows pitifully and bats her eyes!

 
At August 29, 2008 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

A family of raccoons has been living around my house recently and I thought how cute it would be to give them kibbles. So I did and got such a kick out watching them eating the food.

================================

peter

Utah Alcohol Addiction Treatment

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home