Sunday, November 8, 2009

You Gotta Have Conviction to Quit

I'm a big believer that when someone says they're going to do something, they do it. If you tell yourself you're going to do something do you follow through and do it? Or do you usually come up with excuses as to why you can't do it now or the circumstances are such that you can't finish now so you'll put it off...blah, blah, blah.....

I look around and I hate to say it but it seems that we just think we can do something if it's not difficult. Like quitting an addiction. We say we'd like to quit....but it will be too hard! It might be difficult but that doesn't mean you can't do it. Think about that. Instead of these words being depressing for you, let them be uplifting. YOU CAN QUIT YOUR ADDICTION.

Doesn't it feel good to hear the truth? Because you really CAN quit. It's all in the mind, really..

2 Comments:

At November 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Loretta said...

Two out-a-three ain’t bad…,OH YES IT IS!!!
I quit smoking 4 months ago, I quit booze 8 days ago, but this darn bulimia almost seems impossible. After 23+ years of numerous daily binge-purge episodes, I know I need to quit, I know I can quit, now I just need to DO what I say. I just thank God that I am still alive and have the opportunity to quit. Your wisdom is priceless- Loretta

 
At November 12, 2009 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Loretta said...

Can anyone tell me if it's better/realistic to quit cold turkey (23 years of bulimia), or titrate down episodes gradually?
-Loretta

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home