Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Was a Guest on An Internet Radio Show

I was on Blogtalkradio a few days ago and the host was Jackie Foreman. She was fun, had a great personality and was a darn good interviewer.

She asked me questions about my book "I Quit!" One of the questions someone had emailed in was that this person ate a huge ice cream treat every day and how could I help this person.

The first thing I said was "there's no magic here." Then I went on to say that if it were me, I'd tell myself only 1/2 of the treat today---and all week. I would need to prove to myself that when I tell myself what I'm going to eat, I mean it.

Then I would know I could count on myself. The next week I would maybe eat 1/4 of the treat, then give it up. If the goal is to lose weight, then the ice cream probably has to go for now.

Another question was about excercise and how important I thought exercise was to losing weight. My answer was that it's important but in my personal opinion it's more important what you eat. Exercise helps a bit to lose weight, but the food is more important. What exercise does is it makes you feel better and you feel happier in your life.

That was one of the most fun interviews I've had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home