Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sticking to Your Goals, No Matter How You Feel

I know I write about this a lot, but I think it's what makes or breaks goals.

If you have a goal---say losing weight---and you wake up on day 1 raring to go, you may even have gotten up early before work to work out. Good, you did it!

Then you wake up the next day and.......well you don't feel like working out so much. You start coming up with reasons to put working out off---I'm tired, I don't feel like working out, I need more sleep (that COULD be a good one actually), I'll work out tomorrow instead. Whatever reason, you have many. Result? You don't work out. One of your reasons won.

I know what a trap this is because I used to do it too. But then I started putting less emphasis on my reasons as to why I couldn't work out or eat the way I knew I needed to in order to lose weight, and just started exercising and eating right because I TOLD MYSELF THAT WAS MY GOAL. What was the outcome? I started losing weight, getting fit and not thinking about food all the time.

It really will save you a lot of time too, not having to think about whether or not you'll go to the gym, eat right, not drink, not smoke---whatever your addiction my be. If you decide your plan ahead of time and follow it several times, then you get used to counting on yourself and every day will be easier and easier.

It's true, try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home