Sunday, September 6, 2009

What If I Took A Drink After Quitting 22 Years Ago?

I got asked that twice this week. So I answered truthfully.

If I were to take a drink after not having one drink in 22 years I know I could probably have one drink and stop for a day. But I don't want to drink, I told both of them.

BUT...IF I took one drink the next day, I have no idea how that day would end, because I think I'm an alcoholic (even though I don't ever say those words---I just don't drink and say I'm a non-drinker).

I think the more important thought is that I don't want to drink anymore. So contemplating whether or not what would happen to me if I drank again, really doesn't matter. The fact is, I'm done with drinking.

I also said to both of the people asking me this question (one was on a radio interview) is that I wouldn't want to take the chance of stepping into that world again---the world of alcoholism----because it ran my life pretty much for 12 years.

So getting on with my life without alcohol is where I choose to live. I have a good life without alcohol. And the good news is that I never think of alcohol anymore, and I haven't in years. I'm totally free of it.....thank God!

1 Comments:

At August 23, 2010 at 12:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you misslja!I hope one day I can do the same. Thanks for th inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home