Sunday, August 30, 2009

Are You Run By Your Addiction?

I was talking to someone @ work the other day who seems to be able to say "no" fairly easily to what he didn't want in his life. Donald had been drinking several sodas each day and decided a few months ago that he'd cut them out completely---and he did.

But last week he picked up a soda and drank it. After he drank it he decided he was going to stop because he didn't want to be run by anything. And he said it would be easy for him to stop now becuase of the reality he had of not wanting his life to be run by anything.

I could relate with Donald because when I gave up each addiction I was very aware how much each addiction had been running my life, and I wanted to be in charge of my life, not the addiction.

Donald also said something to the affect of "just say no."...and how easy that really was. I agreed, but did say to him that so many people find it the most difficult thing to say. "Just say no" to many people is.....well it's just too easy and won't work.

The key here is---and what I believe---is that it IS that easy many time. Just say no and get on with your life.

Are you run by your addiction? Could "just say no" possibly work for you? Just maybe?

Try it.....I'd love to hear what results you have....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home