Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Fat Man's Words

I was watching something on tv---a show about addictions.

The fat man was asked to really think deeply about why he is heavy and share the reasons:

1) Uses food to treat everything. Food is his friend.

2) Always thinking "what are people thinking about me. I don't deserve to eat."

3) When I eat each bite, I block out all thoughts---all I think of is the next bite.

4) It feels bad afterwards, but when eating the food, it just feels great.

He then broke down and cried. Saying the words got to him because he never spoke those words. He felt he could start losing weight now.

I looked in his eyes and agreed that he probably will tackle his problem now. Sometimes getting those deep, dark thoughts we have out in the open---thoughts we may not even be aware of---opens the door to begin facing reality and dealing with what needs to be dealt with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home