Sunday, November 15, 2009

Why Quit Your Addiction?

Here Are A Few Reasons to Quit Your Addiction:

1) You'll just feel better overall---mentally and physically. I remember thinking about quitting smoking for years. Actually, it was difficult for me to truly contemplate quitting smoking because it scared me so much. How would I live without my cigarettes? I never thought I'd quit altogether. But I feel so good becuase I don't have breathing problems anymore and I know that I did something, well, HUGE!

2) You'll absolutely save money. I know that some people lose everything to support their addiction but for some people, especially in these times, it's important to save money. I wouldn't let money be the only criterion for quitting your addiction because when money is plentiful again you may go back. Just my thought on that.

3) Don't forget that we only live one time on this planet. You may have been run by your addiction for years. Sometimes when I have a decision to make I think of the words (Linda, you only live once) and it's much easier for me to make the right decision.

4) If you quit your addiction you will know you can trust yourself, which is HUGE! If you have a few things you've done and you see you can count on yourself to follow through, you will be more apt to make decisions about your life because you kow what you say...you will do.

3 Comments:

At November 16, 2009 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Loretta said...

I agree with all those reasons to quit an addiction (the money one is huge for me right now). Also, I know as long as my thoughts and energy are focused on food, I can't foster a more personal relationship with God. I just pray I haven't messed up my son.

Do you feel caffeine, sugars, and other dietary intake contribute to addictions?

 
At November 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Linda said...

I don't know if I understand your question Loretta. I drink coffee and enjoy it---every day. I don't eat sugar except in fruit....but I like what you said---'I know as long as my thoughts and energy are focused on food I can't foster a more personal relationship with God." Excellent! I get that and went through that when I drank heavily.

Many times when you FOCUS on God and the important things in life, all things start becoming less important..including addictions.

 
At November 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Loretta said...

I just want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home