Wednesday, April 15, 2009

About the "God Stuff"

The word God has a way of making some people cringe or change the subject. Especially when people say, just turn to God. Or, let God change you. Or, let us pray. You know what I’m talking about, the people who roll their eyes at that “God stuff.” Maybe they think someone is trying to sell something. Is it God, or the people talking about God that makes others want to cringe or run away?

We all know certain people who use the word God in a way that’s overbearing or just plain wrong. History books are full of people like that. I’m a former drunk, smoker and overeater who turned to God to help me quit my addictions.

I can't say what God is. I don't know how God "works." But I do know there is something out there – and many use the word God – that helps us.

Share your “God stuff” stories with your comments to this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home