Monday, September 1, 2008

It May Not Be Easy To Quit An Addiction...

But you still can do it. I know even for myself sometimes I think I can't do something because it's not easy. It might take some work and I doubt myself. Then when I'm thinking clearly I see how absurd those thoughts are and I admit that I CAN do the thing I thought I couldn't.....but it won't be easy. Then I'm back on track again to figure out how I'm going to do it.

Same thing with addictions. I've seen and spoken with people who doubt they can quit the addiction that's ruining their lives. They'd rather have their lives run by their addiction than to get some grit and tackle their problem. I think they see it as "easier". I don't think so!

It sounds strange to say this but I will---when you're going through quitting your addiction and it gets difficult, tell yourself "it may be difficult but I can do it." And then do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home