Saturday, November 1, 2008

You Won't Always Want Your Old Addiction

I've had so many people ask me over the years if I still miss smoking, drinking or eating junk. I say no, I don't anymore. It took time of course to be able to honestly say I didn't miss the addictions. Even though I would have never gone back to smoking, for example, I missed the alone time I had with my cigarette. Anyone who smokes or who has smoked knows what I mean by that. I looked forward to every single cigarette I had, especially when I took it and went outside to "think" and be alone. It was great!

But I don't think about it anymore. It took me a good 6-8 months I'd say to feel as if I'd totally forgotton smoking. The drinking happened literally overnight. I didn't want it again. The food thing---as I lost weight and started feeling better I naturally didn't want to eat junk food.

So it may take time to forget your addictions but it will happen. Don't think you're going to want the addiction you gave up for the rest of your life. You won't.

2 Comments:

At November 1, 2008 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your blog. the more we openly talk about addictions and "normal" life the better we all get. take a visit to my blog - it's along the same lines as yours. would love to have your comments.

 
At November 10, 2008 at 8:44 AM , Blogger misslja said...

Thank you. I am so surprise how many people secretly live with their addictions and don't share. I think in the sharing we help each other.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home