Saturday, September 20, 2008

Will Life Be Perfect When You Quit Your Addiction?

It's funny but that's what I thought when I was 16 years old. I thought if I lost weight and became thin my life would be perfect---no problems. Life would be bliss forever more. I also thought the same when I quit drinking. The first week I had quit drinking I was so happy and thinking "wow, life is going to be like this for the rest of my life." And I believed it!

Then I started having challenges a few months after I quit drinking. I had challenges when I was drinking too but I just drank and rarely tackled the challenges. I remember crying a lot for months off and on. Why?

Because I was getting used to having to face life. Before I drank and now I wasn't drinking. I'm so glad that I was aware of what was happening because I knew I'd perservere and it would eventually get better. And it did.

Just know that quitting your addiction won't necessarily make your life perfect, but your life will be infinitely better. Life will be better solely because you quit your addiction. But if you're open and willing to do the work that needs to be done in your life to change, you'll improve all throughout your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home