Monday, September 29, 2008

I Adopted a New Cat Today!

This blog has nothing to do with addictions today. I lost my precious cat Wilson on July 23 this year. It was tough losing him even though he was probably close to 20 years old.

I went to ASAP in Santa Barbara. I support this place financially because they will not put down any cats that are brought in. They lovingly care for each cat until it gets adopted, and all eventually get adopted. I've been in about 6 times since Wilson died.

Today I left work early to go to ASAP and I picked a 5 year old orange and white cat (male) and brought him home. He's purring and rubbing up against me. He's very affectionate. I also have a 10 year female that's not too sure yet how she feels about a new cat. I have sensed however that Maggie has been missing having another cat around. Even though she never really liked Wilson she tolerated him and at least it was something to look at all day.

It's nice having 2 cats again...

2 Comments:

At September 30, 2008 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Lisa Braithwaite said...

I'm glad you and Maggie have a new friend in the house. :-)

 
At September 30, 2008 at 12:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great for me, Maggie is still assessing the situation. He's a sweet boy...he's going to be a great fit for us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home