Friday, October 17, 2008

What to Expect When You Quit Your Addiction

Expect your life to be strange & different. You're getting used to not falling back on addictions. I remember thinking how "weird" my life was when I quit drinking. Even though I thought it was fantastic that I had quit, I wasn't sure of the day to day things I had to do and the people I would meet in the world when I wasn't drinking. The old me would often have a few drinks before I went out to even do errands.

I remember too thinking that every day was new and I didn't know what to expect, but there was a bit of adventure in it too. What WAS this day going to bring? Could I handle it better because I wasn't drinking?

After about a year of being sober my life seemed to settle a bit but I drank heavily for 12 years so it took time for my life to seem "normal." But I love not being buzzed and drunk anymore. I could never go back to drinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home