Sunday, February 21, 2010

Habits and Addiction

I was driving back from the gym today after having done a few errands afterwards.  I got to thinking how "un-fun" working out and doing errands really is.  I'd rather putter around at home where it's warm, than be out in the cold (although the weather was in the 50's).

But.....I almost always work out on Sunday mornings.  And I usually do some errands after I work out.  It's a habit, so I don't have to think about it anymore.  If I started wondering.......hmm....do I really need to work out today?  Or if I think that I have so much to do that I don't have time to work out......I could get used to not working out.

So I don't ask myself what I feel like.  Who cares about what I "feel" like.  I know that I always feel better after I work out, my clothes fit better, I'm healthier. 

And the good thing about habits---think about this---once you establish a habit, you don't have to do the back and forth thinking about it.  The decision has been made!  It makes life easier for you.  You don't have all that mental anguish thinking of all of the reasons why you should put off quitting your addiction, working out---whatever.

Habits are great!

1 Comments:

At April 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Eleanor7676 said...

Thank you for your messages of hope!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home