Sunday, March 15, 2009

Doing What You Know is Right Even If You Don't Feel Like It

I woke up this morning NOT in a good mood. In fact I haven't felt this crappy in a long time. I went to the gym not in a good mood, I shopped not in a good mood and I'm sure my cats know I'm not in a good mood today too.

But..even though it's not my best day I still do the things I know I need to do, knowing the feeling I'm feeling today will pass (hopefully soon). I still watched 1/2 hour of spiritual tv with my morning coffee, went to the gym, took a shower, cleaned up a litte---even though I didn't feel like doing any of it. It's Sunday and I could have woken up, said I feel bad today and I'm not doing a thing because I don't want to.

But I've been doing the things I know I need to do since I quit drinking over 21 years ago. When I quit drinking I decided to create good habits and stick with them throughout my life. And I am. So there was no decision if I'd go to the gym or spend time with God first thing this morning. It's a daily habit.

So I say you need to do what it is you need to do even if you don't feel like it. Because there will be so many times when you won't feel like it. Work through the feelings and do it. You'll be so glad you did, and you'll realize you can count on yourself more and more because you DON'T go with how you feel, rather with what you know you need to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home