Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Quit Smoking

I quit smoking 7.5 years ago. If you would have asked me the day before I quit if I would ever quit I probably would have said no. I liked it too much. But I got sick for several days and couldn't smoke. Then, on the 5th day of not smoking, I had such a bad day at work I promised myself a cigarette when I got home.

I drove home anticipating my first cigarette in days. I deserved it. I drove up to my house, threw my purse on the bed, grabbed a cigarette from the pack and headed outside. I lit it.......ahhhhhhhh. Yuck! It was horrible. But I would perservere. Again, I took a hit off the cigarette and it was terrible. I smoked a few more puffs then realized it wasn't going to be a good night for me smoking. I put out the cigarette, never imagining it would be my last. But it was.

I always thought I would miss smoking, but I don't. I wouldn't let myself think too much about NOT smoking for months. Every time I could feel the thoughts coming about smoking I gently brought my thoughts almost above my thoughts if that makes sense, to a gentle place where I could just feel the thoughts leave me. After doing this for several months I realized I was free of cigarettes.

1 Comments:

At October 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Michael Crosby said...

Every time I could feel the thoughts coming about smoking I gently brought my thoughts almost above my thoughts if that makes sense, to a gentle place where I could just feel the thoughts leave me.

Wow, I have never thought about that before. That is really powerful an true. I will use that tool, next time it's needed.

Thank you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home